BHA Simple Age Calculator
Competitions that are age restricted require that a player's age as at the 1st January of current year be determined. In the case of the BHA Junior Hockey League (JHL) Competition, that age (as at 1 January) is used to place a player in the corresponding "under age team" for the Season. Here are some examples:
- a player who is 12 years old as at 1 January of the current year would be "under 13" and therefore eligible to play in the JHL Under 13 Division;
- a player who is 9 years old as at 1 January of the current year would be eligible to play in the JHL Under 11 Division, but not in the Under 9 Division.
When using this calculator and the links to other calculators, please be mindful of the need to check the latest version of the BHA Competition Rules & Requirements document for current eligibility as this may change from year to year. You can view/download the latest version from this page .
1. The Form
The following form can be used to determine a player's age as at 1 January of the year entered in the "Season year" field, e.g. 2020.
Usage: Please enter the Season year (yyyy), a DOB (dd/mm/yyyy), then tap the "Submit" button.
- The above is a very simple calculator that will work correctly for most scenarios. Be certain to enter a valid Season year.
- A pop-up window will show the calculated answer. Should you not see your answer it may be necessary for you to enable pop-ups in your browser for the "bha.org.au" domain.
- Please use the calculated age as a guide and discuss any further queries that you may have with the officials of a Club of your choosing.
- Use the links below to view alternate ways of determining and expressing ages.
2. Other Age Related Resources
There are two further pages that show alternate ways of determining and discussing ages of players.
Use these links to these pages:
- Ages & YOB App v2 (Juniors & Masters) - can be installed on your phone.
- Talking Ages 1 (Juniors)
- Talking Ages 2 (Juniors)
We trust you have found the calculator and other information useful.
E. & O. E.