Official Procedure for the Payment of Umpires
The BHA Board of Management reviewed the Operational Procedures in 2012 with the following continuing to be applicable to Umpiring Remunerations:-
- A listing of accredited Umpires with their authorised numbers only to be furnished to BHA Inc Accounts;
- Payments will only be made to umpires who hold current HockeyEd accredition.
- Umpires who wish to claim their Services as a “Hobby” must submit the relevant Form [also included on the BHA Web Site] with their initial Official Claim Form for the current Season;
- Payments will be paid at the end of each month.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE GIVEN YOUR CURRENT BANK DETAILS.
The above process is designed to obviate any ‘security’ concerns and ensures ownership/transposition of the correct information by the payee (Umpire) to the payer (BHA Treasurer). Any changes of address and/or Bank Account details must be depicted in the relevant Official Claim Forms.
These will be completed by the Umpire Committee and submitted to BHA at the end of each month, they will be paid accordinly and as soon as possible. A copy of each claim can be emailed to the umpire if required to check.
You will need to complete and submit a new ATO form "Statement by a Supplier" for each Season you are umpiring and making payment Claims. See side column for links.