Competition Rules & Requirements (Local Rules)
The local rules are important documents that all players and officials must read.
- BHA Competition Rules & Requirements
Competition Rules & Requirements - 2019 v1.2
v1.2 (600kB PDF), approved 8 Apr 2019, supercedes v1.1.1, approved 14 Mar 2019.
Refer to the 'Document Version Record' table following the TOC for more about versions.
- The above link should open the latest version in your browser with a "clickable" Table of Contents.
Right-click this link to download a copy.
- BHA U7/U9 Rules, Guidelines & Field Setup information - right-click
to view/download. (PDF 190KB)
- Guidelines for Ball Persons - Use of Ball Persons restricted to BHL1 matches subject to requirements of Rule 2.11 of the BHA Comp Rules.
Club Officials are also referred to this link within the Hockey Australia Website .
- Use of Drones (Hockey) - A notice was circulated to all Clubs 17 May 2017 regarding the use of drones and BHA Hockey matches - link . The Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) has also published Safety Information on the same subject which includes references to sport - link . See Sub-section 2.21.3 of the BHA Competition Rules & Requirements 2019 v1.1.
- Competition Rules & Requirements - 2019 v1.2
- BHA Incident Report (General)
- Procedures & Guidelines for BHA Technical Officials
- Right click to view in PDF format (90KB).
- BHA Role Responsibilities
- Right click to view in PDF format (95KB).
Match Analysis Software
Looking for software for analysing videoed matches? The big players do this with software that costs thousands of dollars. Why not try Longo Match . It was originally Open Source software and was developed by a Hockey Player being made available on Linux, Apple & Windows platforms. Recently it too has embraced a subscription model. You can try out a no cost fifteen (15) day trial of the "Pro" version. Visit this site for more information.
The Open Source version can still be downloaded and used for free. When you visit the Longo Match site , look under the "Products" menu. The Open Source version does not have all of the bells and whistles of the Pro version. Many BHL1 Clubs and others have used this software.