& Boys’ Hockey
Hockey - A Game for Life!
Brisbane Hockey Association Inc
PO Box 503
MORNINGSIDE Q 4170
Tel: +61 7 3899 4399
Fax: +61 7 3399 9825
- More details & map! -
Hockey - A game for Life!
BHA Mission Statement
Our Mission is:
- To provide opportunities for all players, umpires administrators and officials to meet their full potential in the sport of hockey; and
- To achieve growth in participation in the sport of hockey in Brisbane; and
- To strengthen and then extend, the base of hockey clubs within our jurisdiction on a sustainable basis.
Our Association is built on three core values:
- Healthy competition on the field; and
- Active co-operation off the field; and
- Mutual respect at all times.
Snippets of History
A separate Website is used to present selected snippets and items of historic significance with respect to the Brisbane Hockey Association (BHA). BHA has a very rich past. It is hoped that this can be demonstrated and highlighted through this Website.
It is taking some time to fill this site with meaningful content. In effect, the site is always under construction/expansion. Please take a look at it though. You may be pleasantly surprised at what's gone on before!
Make certain to leave a comment while visiting the site. Is it interesting and informative? Is there something specific that you would like to see? Use the "Post a Comment" on the main page of the 'Snippets of History' Website.
To visit the site follow this link!
BHA General Secretary
It is important to note that when preserving the past, much of the material has only been kept as 'hard copy' and this has necessitated the added task of scanning the documents. In addition, often these documents are very fragile and need to be handled with care. One of the peculiarities of this work is the fact that up until the early Eighties, much of the material was produced on 'foolcap' paper. This has meant that a conversion step (photocopy reduction) has had to be carried out prior to scanning, thus making the process lengthier and even more time consuming.
In the case of past Websites, some of the material and resourses that were originally linked to when the site was live are no longer available. This however is mostly considered a minor irritation while browsing through these valuable archives.
Don't forget to let us know what you think of our efforts to bring back some of BHA's past history!
For history's sake, below are some links to previous Websites where available. Visitors need to be mindful that when visiting these old sites that many of the internal links may be out of date, broken or just non-existent! While some of these sites appeared slower in their day, most people now have faster connections to the Web and so they don't seem as bad as they once were. And don't forget that the information contained in these old sites is exactly that - "Old!", and they are provided "as is!"
- 2000 - Hand coded using 'Claris Homepage v3' and then residing under 'hockey.bytesite.com.au'.
- 2001 - Hand coded and residing under 'hockey.bytesite.com.au'.
- 2002 - Still hand coded and residing under 'hockey.bytesite.com.au' as "The Hockey Web". This site features some of the Flash animations I created at the time. It was the following year that BHA obtained its own domain name of bha.org.au.
- 2003 - Hand coded using 'Namo WebEditor'. The Junior links no longer work and all of the Fixtures have been removed. Animated buttons were a feature of this site.
- 2004 - Still using 'Namo WebEditor'. This link describes some of the software used at the time.
- 2005 - A rather ugly but nevertheless functional hand coded site. Sometimes criticised for being rather slow to render though.
- 2006 - A much cleaner and snappier site. Introduced a News module (CuteNews) and used text links i.l.o. buttons (images). Still hand coded using Namo WebEditor.
- 2007 - Originally published online using the 'Website Baker' CMS, this season's content has subsequently been ported to the 'CMSimple' CMS, with a completely different theme, though the content remains relatively true. 2007 saw the beginning of the use of 'EditGrid' to display Fixtures and Points Tables. The inclusion of Lee Oliver's Match Reports (BHL1) was a notable highlight of 2007.
- 2008 - This season was also published using Website Baker CMS and featured the exclusive use of 'EditGrid' the online spreadsheet for the listing of Fixtures and Points Tables.
- 2009 - Published using Website Baker CMS, new template and linking to SportingPulse for the listing of Fixtures and Points Tables.
- 2010 - Published using Website Baker CMS with minimal modifications to the 2009 site.